Important Information Regarding COVID-19
To our valued patients,
We are incredibly happy to inform you that we are in the process of reopening our practice. Soon, we will be able to resume performing all dental procedures. While we are in the process of reopening our doors, we will continually follow all state and federal guidelines for social distancing and ask that you do the same by wearing a facemask when coming to your appointment.
Our office has utilized this non-clinical time to make some updates. All of the floors and light fixtures in the office have been cleaned/disinfected/ and sanitized. Our computer systems have been updated. The walls and mouldings have gotten touched up with paint. Dental units have been replaced. Etc…!
As we prepare to see your smiling faces again, we know things will be a bit different for all of us moving forward. At this time we want to inform you that as your healthcare provider, our entire staff has been trained and knows the proper procedures and protocol for sterilization and disinfection. In fact, this has always been a requirement for any staff member onboarded into our dental practice.
Rest assured that moving forward we will be taking extra precautions with each and every patient we see. You may also notice changes in the way our team members dress and the way you are guided around our office.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you are in the office. You will find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Please wear a facemask while in our reception and waiting area.
- All of our patients will have their temperature taken upon arrival with a touchless medical forehead thermometer.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Most importantly, we want you to know that we are here for you, thinking of you, and want you to feel welcomed and safe as you return to us for your treatments.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions. We will be reaching out to many of you via phone and text within the next few days/weeks about rescheduled and upcoming appointments.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: